Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Lightning Thief Introduction

1. Have you ever been treated unfairly by a teacher (or parent, or other adult)?  I can't really remember.

2. What do you know about learning disabilities such as ADHD or dyslexia? Do you
know anyone who has a learning disability? Do you think a person with a learning
disability should receive more time to complete tests or less homework than a
person without a learning disability? Learning Disabilities don't let people that have 'em learn as well. I don't know anyone with a learning disability; and to the question, yes.

3. In Ancient times, the Greeks had gods for many important forces in their lives --
the sea, thunderstorms, farming, music, medicine, poetry, archery, etc. Why do
you think they imagined many different gods rather than just one? Would this
make life more confusing or less confusing? Because they were paranoid, and yes.

4. Young children often imagine that their parents aren’t really their parents. What
would it be like if you suddenly found out that you had a “real” father or mother
you never knew about? What if this person was extremely rich and powerful –
would you accept them as a parent? Agh, I don't like what if questions!!! I've spent too much time with my parents now to get new ones, unless they died...

5. Do you believe in anything that science can’t prove -- such as magic, or ghosts, or
creatures like the Loch Ness monster? Why or why not? Ghosts-- sorta, I SORTA believe 'cause I sometimes see things when I walk past my parents' closet. ^.^

6. Have you ever been to summer camp? If so, describe what you did or did not like
about it. If not, imagine and describe what you think a typical summer camp
would be like – any impressions from television or movies? I DON'T FRIGGIN' KNOW 'CAUSE I'LL NEVER GO!!!

7. You have been granted one magical item of your choice. What would this item be,
and what power would it have? Explain your choice. ... uhh... something I can evaporate people with, cause that's what I owe fifty people...

No comments:

Post a Comment